Tax is an important consideration for any person, be it a legal entity or a physical person.
Cyprus has one of the lowest effective tax rates in the European Union and one of the most competitive tax regimes in the world. As such, it has become a strategic country for inclusion in tax planning on a corporate level as well as on a personal level.
Our dedicated tax department possesses in-depth technical knowledge of both direct and indirect taxes and can assist with a wide range of taxation matters, including international tax planning and corporate structures. We invest heavily in understanding our clients’ business in order to develop tax strategies that work for them.
International Tax Planning and Structuring
- Strategic Tax Planning on investments, commercial transactions, international fund transfers and cross border transactions
- Advice on matters relating to permanent establishments and transfer pricing
Direct Tax Consulting
- Registration with Income Tax Authorities
- Corporation tax
- Personal taxes including capital statements
- Special defence contribution
- Capital Gains tax
- Immovable Property tax
- Stamp duty
- Land transfer fees
Indirect Tax Consulting
- Registration with VAT Authorities
- VAT planning
- VAT consulting
- VAT compliance
* VAT services are provided by Chelco VAT Ltd
Trust and Estate Tax Planning
Tax Rulings and Opinions
Audit & Assurance
Audit & Assurance is one of our firm’s core service lines.
Before our audit teams are assigned to an engagement, they must first demonstrate a profound understanding of our clients’ business and the industry in which they operate. Auditors continuously train on the increasing complexity of the regulatory environment and understand the need for greater transparency in operations and disclosure norms.
- Publicly listed entities
- Privately held entities
- International Business Companies
- Sole traders
- Joint ventures & Partnerships
All services above adhere to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Internal audit
- Interim reporting
- Special audit engagements
- Forensic accounting
Throughout a business lifecycle, business owners need a dependable, knowledgeable and objective partner to help them negotiate the challenges they face.
And they do not just need advice, they need a partner to stand by their side and address their business needs and challenges as if they were their own.
- Financial Due Diligence
- Feasibility studies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Exit and Divestment
- Review, design and implementation of internal accounting control systems
- Budgets and cash-flow projections
- Valuation of shares
- Regulatory Compliance and due-diligence work
- Reorganisation and restructuring work
- Applications to Cyprus regulatory authorities for the provision of financial and banking services
- Professional Development seminars and workshops
Risk Management & Corporate Governance
We help businesses effectively identify and manage risks across organisational boundaries. We also help them to comply with increasingly stringent governance not only to satisfy regulators but to demonstrate a commitment to best practices.
- Risk Management Systems and procedures
- Risk Identification and Evaluation
- Tax & VAT Risk Consulting
- Corporate Governance practices